Saturday, May 7, 2016

What a great Saturday!

It started when my sweet Hannah Mae made me breakfast in bed for an early Mother's Day gift.

 It was yummy!  And when I walked into the kitchen there were gifts from Emilee and Hannah Mae.
So sweet!  They got me flowers, cards and Circus Peanuts (they know they remind me of my childhood!)

I got to watch the pregame of the Tigers/Rangers game
but by the time the game was about to start, it was time to go to the boys' swim class!  We had BIG NEWS today...DRAYKE PUT HIS HEAD UNDER THE WATER!  Whoo hoo hallelujah!
d





Ryker has always been good about doing it.




But here's Drayke completely under the water for the first time!
 

















They were in great spirits when they finished their lesson...
























...because they knew the deal!   If they did everything their instructor told them to do they got Sonic Master Blasts on the way home (we also stopped to pick out Ryker's cake for his birthday)



Then it was time for more baseball!


Gette actually sat on my lap for a while, which she never does.
 Then Finn decided it was his turn.
Quinn came downstairs and sat with me for a while.  Then she ended up taking a nap


 Emilee finished taking two exams today. She was a bit frazzled.


Once the game was over we watched the Kentucky Derby.  It was great to see a horse named after a Red Wings player win.
The Derby was no sooner over than it was time to take the boys to Free Comic Book Day.  First we went to Doc's Comics and Gaming Shop in Frisco.  They had an awesome Shield vehicle outside.

When we went inside the boys got their picture with The Avengers.  Ryker for some reason wasn't so sure about people in costume but Drayke wanted to go right to them. And there were even free cookies!



 Then we were on to Insane Comics in The Colony. But first, they must read their new comics in the car!


 The boys had fun picking out more comics and seeing the Tardis door inside the shop.


Here's some of the comics we got today.  The only one we had to buy was the Rocket and Groot comic.  I think that one is really cute!










Home for a bit, and then the last part of my day.  For my final birthday gift of they year, Eric took me to see the new Captain America movie!  It was so much fun.  We have had the tickets for months.





Whew.  That was a lot even for a Saturday.  Now I'm ready for bed.

And that was our crazy day!

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe I missed free comic book day. I am so glad you had a nice day. And even happy that Drake is doing better in swim class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was quite the full day! I was exhausted from just a trip to the nursery for plants! I love reading your adventures & seeing all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Drayke! Good job! Does this mean he likes swimming now? Sounds like a full and fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, he still hates swimming. He just likes ice cream and candy more!

      Delete