Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Happy Star Wars Day!

Today ended up being such a busy day.  It started off horribly but turned out great.

I'm not too proud to say that I've been depressed.  Not over anything particular, just depression.  I didn't want to go to my doctor's appointment, but Eric made me.

Once we made it through that he took me out to lunch.  Did I mention how incredibly sweet my husband is?  We don't get out in the evenings just the two of us so lunch is our "thing."  Afterward we went to our new favorite comic shop and I found this Pop figure I didn't have already.
Who doesn't love Yoda?

Next was a big surprise.  We went bowling!




I don't remember the last time I bowled.  Probably when the girls were just itty bitty.  I actually took a bowling course in college but you could never tell.  We both bowled horribly but it was so much fun. It felt great to have the depression lift for at least the afternoon. We were laughing and high fiving. Mostly because we were both so bad but we didn't care.



We stopped at a Walgreen's next to see if they had any exclusive Pop's.  They had one!  Isn't this guy great?  My collection is really growing.

 Then slushes for Happy Hour at Sonic and off to pick up the boys from school.  Did I say that I was depressed?  By this time I forgot.  Eric really went above and beyond today.

Being May the 4th (Star Wars Day) we had a small party for the kids.  We ate gourmet


and I decorated the table. 

We even had gifts our friend Melissa sent for everyone.  She made Star Wars ornaments for our Star Wars Christmas tree.  We loved them!






 Tonight was the night I go and do something with just me and Quinn.  We opted to go to Walmart and get the materials to make her a weighted blanket.  She picked out Star Wars material. :)  We are hoping to start on it on Friday.

Now it's time to watch the Rangers Game on TV.  May the Fourth Be With You!

And that was our crazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment